Monday 12 February 2018

Slowly, slowly...

...45 days to launch but the weather here is still bitter, no snow yet in my part of the world but it's forecast for tomorrow..  ambient temperatures are 5 and 6' Celsius at the moment but we have  F8 and F9 winds forecast for the next few days, from the north, oh, and with rain...  better get my thermals out

So what's been happening...

The cabin paintwork has been cleaned - first painted this [clicky] back in 2015 and although the paint work is still good (thumbs up for Homebase bathroom emulsion!) with the best will in the world it is cold and damp for 5 months of the year so we'd picked up some mould in the interim...

....all nice and spanky new back then in 2015...
 
...these were a fortuitous buy however, well worth the fiver..  cleaned up paintwork a treat...  according to the data sheet they are basically Isopropanol soaked disposable clothes - all I can say is they were very good...


...I also took down those curtains and gave them a wash - now they've been up since I first launched back in 2013, and basically they've lasted about as well as I could expect - they are faded to buggery, but structurally still sound - a wash later and I've now re-hung them - they still do the job but they're no longer pretty..  I may consider giving them a dye job at some point, a darker colour would be more suitable...

Next, a trip to the chandlers has resulted in a 2.5 litre tin of anti-foul being purchased - went with the same brand/make as last year and the year before..  the price is good, it works reasonably well, and anyway, the EU has banned anything useful in anti-foul so I don't really see the point in spending more for the quality brands when they only have a slightly improved level of uselessness... 

....while I was there I also picked up a West System Epoxy Repair kit..  we'll need at least another 5-10 degrees of ambient temperature before I can start using that though!

If we don't get it (and 5-10 degreesis a big ask!), then this weekend I'll start wiring up the fixed VHF, and the tiller pilot, ready for better weather and installation...

1 comment:

  1. 45 days, less than 2 months - blink twice and you will be sailing.

    ReplyDelete