Saturday 19 March 2016

More ticks than a mangy dog - how did I do...

So how did I do??

1/. Fledgling 12v electrical system... job #5

I put up a separate post [clicky] but all initial goals were met..  the battery box and the switch box were installed..

2/. Job #4 Lead halyard/topping lift back to cockpit:

Not started..

3/. Job #18 Padlock hasp on wash boards - old one was rusting solid - completed...

From this...


To this...

Just need to fill those old holes and then re-paint....


4/.  Job #21 Rub down and coat of paint on the wash boards - almost done - two coats applied, I'll put another coat on before I'm finished - in addition the top/upper board has a batten reinforcement that proved to be hopelessly rotted - I whipped that off and will replace with fresh...



5/. Job #22 Rub down and coat of wood preservative on rubbing strakes / cockpit board - done - ended up putting two coats on, and also rubbed down and gave the tiller two coats, and also a coat on the outboard board, and the sides of the companion way (the last two will get an extra coat this weekend)...

I said if I got that lot done I'd deserve a pint I'd definitely be having.... and I did, "Otter Amber" [clicky], and absolutely delicious... oh, and in addition to the above I also serviced the life jackets...  we're getting there.... 

2 comments:

  1. The last time I was in the UK I tried 'Old Speckled Hen' which I rather liked - next time I will tried some 'Otter'.

    There is a quiet satisfaction about ticking off jobs from a list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alden - there sure is... a date like April 10th has a massive galvanising effect!

      Delete