Monday 18 August 2014

Fort Purbrook boat jumble..

So with the aftermath of Bertha, or the next low, or whatever, making itself felt over the Sunday what better thing to utilise your time than a bit of browsing among the tat, sorry, bargains, at the local boat jumble...

So it was that little'un and I made our way to a truly blustery Fort Purbrook for the boat jumble..  all in all I felt it was good value, but only because the  jumble was also in the fort and it gave me an opportunity to have a mooch round (my other interest is wargaming/military history)


Not a huge number of stands, the majority of them appeared to be professional or semi professional and the usual culprits but I went with an open mind rather than a shopping list, and came back with some bargains...


So in order
  • a new cleat that I will use to replace the main cleat I currently have which is a little small and on the weedy side (this is job #1 on the winter job list) - only £6 bargain..
  • and anchor chain/hawse pipe - "Sparrow" has clearly not done much anchoring in the past as there is no means for feeding the chain from anchor locker to outside - this will resolve that problem - that was £4, they're £20 upwards new so I was chuffed...
  • then for a fiver I got that roll of neoprene self adhesive tape (6mtrs of 25mmx3mm) that will be used in job #9 the refurb of the cockpit locker lids - I'll use it to seal the underside of the lids where they sit on the lip of the opening... make them weatherproof, and also provide sound insulation..
Good day out... 

No comments:

Post a Comment